Friday, May 28, 2010

Thank God for Friends!

It is Memorial Day Weekend! Please keep those who have died for our country in your prayers!


I want to thank God for good friends! K. and I have been invited to a friends beach house this weekend....and we are going!! This woman owns a beach house on the Jersey shore, so for two nights and days, we will be doing the beach and the pool and the boardwalk, and the amusement parks....best thing, it won't cost me a whole lot...and K. gets to have some fun!! Financially, it is hard for me to go on vacations, or weekends away because quite frankly, it costs a lot of money. Back in April, for K.'s Spring Break, we drove to Washington DC on a Thursday to come back on Saturday....that is 2 nights in a hotel, gas, food, souvenirs...about $900. I had just got my tax return, which is why I could do that...I really shouldn't have done it, BUT K. doesn't really ever get to do anything. This was a great opportunity because one of my childhood friends who lives in a different state was coming with her 2 daughters (around the same age as K.) and I took a good friend of ours with me (she needed some "get away" time) so we all had a wonderful time. I really appreciate the times that we can get away.....and I appreciate those who make it possible!

Have a safe weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment