Friday, May 14, 2010

Verification Letters??!!

I just published my first post about an hour ago....and really had no intention of posting again today.....BUT I have to because it just happened again.....

WHAT are the verification letters for???? And by verification letters, I mean the little box that comes up when you sign into your bank account and sometimes your email...the mishmash of letters and/or numbers in a box that before you can sign into your account, you have to type those letters in to prove it is you??? I DON'T GET IT!!!......If someone was using my account, can't they see those letters the same way I see them??? Just sayin'

2 comments:

  1. I think it's some kinda SILLY security measure-for what, I DON'T KNOW. After all, what's truly secure on the WWW? Look what's happening with FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes it even worse is when they smoosh the letters together in contrasting(not sure if this is the right word) circles. White letters in a black circle and vice versa. The letters are so smmoshed you can't really tell if it is an "r" or a "n" or a "m"....I guess it really doesn't matter, because I have never been told I was wrong! Next time I get one of those, I am going to purposely type in the wrong letters and see if I get booted. Stay tuned for an update....LOL!!! (This is a really stupid post)

    ReplyDelete