Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Schools Out!!!

Today my daughter completed 5th grade. Next year, she moves onto middle school. It was a half day today and the parents of the 5th graders were invited up to the school 15 minutes prior to dismissal to attend a "5th Grade Clap-Out!" A clap-out is when all the other students in the school line the halls, then the 5th graders march proudly through the halls while everyone claps.....the parents are outside clapping too. It brought me to tears....AGAIN!!! I am a pretty emotional person to begin with, but this year, with all of K.'s accomplishments has almost been too much for me. It is at these times where I wish that Charlie was alive to see it! He would be so so proud!!! I feel so bad for K. too. A lot of fathers attend these things at her school and she definitely notices that. She often says to me how unfair it is that she doesn't have a dad. I still don't know how to react to that, other than tell her how much he loved her, that he is watching her from heaven and that he would be so proud of her. What else can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment