Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father's Day!


This year will be K.'s second father's day without a father. It is kind of a weird day for us, because I am not sure what to do. Quite frankly, I don't remember what we did last year, but I am assuming that we did something with my father, K.'s grandfather. One thing I am kind of thankful for is that in K.'s school, they don't do anything special for fathers day. On mothers day, they hold a plant sale and every year, other than this year (5th grade), they made something for the mom's in class. K. is having a hard time this year. She just doesn't want to celebrate it at all, even with my dad. Charlie's sister Elaine in in NJ now and offered to have K. go with her to a family function in PA, but K. doesn't want to go, so she will just go and have breakfast with Elaine tomorrow morning.

There isn't really anything to say here, but if you are a dad (applies to mom's too) just make sure your kids know how much you love them for you never know when you will be gone. I am lucky that K. knows how much her dad loved her.....

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment