Thursday, May 5, 2011

Charlie's Birthday....AGAIN!!!

Tomorrow would be Charlie's 51st birthday! It is another year that K. doesn't get to celebrate with her dad. She doesn't seem to torn up about it though. Earlier this week, I reminded her it was his birthday (I didn't want her to be in school and write the date on something, realize it is his birthday, and mom just "forgot" about it)so I asked her what she would like to do. She decided she wanted to go to the cemetery and put a balloon and maybe some other stuff on his grave. That sounded good to me, and I was glad that she made the decision on what we would do. I asked her Tuesday if she wanted to go and she said no, and then again today, and she still doesn't want to go. I asked her if she wanted me to do it before she got out of school and that is what she wants. I don't know what to do here, she didn't want to go at Christmas (quite frankly, neither did I with all the snow), and I couldn't get her to go at Easter, but I think it is important to honor his birthday and father's day. Also, every time we go to the cemetery, she is complaining the whole way there and tells me she isn't going to get out of the car, but she always does and is glad that she went in the end. Since mother's day is this weekend too, I think I will tell her that we can get something for dad and for nana.

When do I stop asking her to go to his grave and feeling bad about it? I am not sure that she would ever go if I didn't ask her.....I'm confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment