Monday, December 20, 2010

Five days til Christmas....and The Funk Remains!

Today is December 20th, and I am still not ready for Christmas!! I HATE this feeling of being so unmotivated, I feel like I am cheating my daughter out of so many Christmas memories. Even though I am in this funk, I think I am better than the past 2 years, but my spirit just isn't there. I did get K. the live tree she wanted, and put the lights on for her, and she did the decorating. She really enjoyed that. Also, we picked up a cookie mix at Trader Joes. For $4.00 we got the mix, colored sugar, and cookie cutters, which is a really good deal. Together, we made the cookies and she enjoyed that too. My problem is, I just can't get myself out to shop. I really only have K. to worry about, as my niece and nephew who have everything will get the standard visa gift card from us. I picked up one item she really wanted, and just ordered a second item, but other than those two things, I have nothing. I am going to try to get myself the 5Below (a fancy dollar store, where everything is $5 or less) to pick up some things, just so it looks like she is getting stuff.....last Christmas, almost everything came from 5Below.

I started this post this morning and guess what....still didn't get out shopping. I guess I HAVE to go tomorrow.

I just want to know when this "funk" I am in will pass??!! I am thinking of going back to my doctor to have them change my anti-depressant medication....I don't think the one I have been on for over a year, and has already had one dose increase, is doing it for me anymore......

No comments:

Post a Comment